join us

Reddit Fan leaves me a nasty comment..thanks!





I recently added a posting to Reddit from my blog and to my surprise it became front page in the humor section for a short period of time. Overnight it doubled my three week old blogs site hits! Only a few people actually gave (and took away) points but a couple of hundred visits was a nice surprise. There was only one person who left me a comment and unfortunately it wasn’t nice, but at the same time I think it will do me some good.

I don't mind being critiqued as it goes with the territory of writing publicly. I prefer praises but in this case I believe I will benefit by the negative response. I get these funny ideas in my head and I want to share them; I get so anxious that I don't often slow myself down therefore not putting out the best writing that I have to offer. I just felt the need to post something new to keep my blog fresh so I burned through the story. As I have been learning the ways of the blogosphere I am quickly realizing that quality is probably more important that adding new posts frequently, although both are needed to keep people coming back.

My post on the Flight Attendant Nazi click here was a true story that to me is a very funny experience to think about. I just wanted to share the experience and I’m sure a few people were entertained, although after reading the comment I took another look at the story and I agree with him/her a little. I wish I had spent more time concentrating on quality and less time just getting the story completed to post.

So to the nice person that thought my story was “f*&king boring” I promise to do better.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Personally, I like your blog because of it's quirkiness.

http://marcydrivel.blogspot.com

The Brain Twinkey said...

Don't worry Marcy, that will never change!

Darth Rob said...

I see nothing wrong with your article, that commentor might just be a negative person who is overly critical.


video of the week

Letterman Works at McD's

what is a brain twinkey?

what is a brain twinkey?
1. Brain Twinkey (noun) (Brein-Twink-ee) 1. One with a cream-filled cranium 2. To live life in a land of Golden Sponge Cake 3. To be good at making shit up.

internet treasure chest

internet treasure chest
The one and only "Crazy Harry"
MIT Signs Challenge Students

The MIT campus has all new signs that challenge the students math skills in a variety of ways using math equations and problems. Although its amusing to students the community has protested as many have been receiving speeding tickets. Many claim that although that they live near MIT that doesn't mean they are good at math. Local police officers disagree and claim the public should just x*x + 2x - 35 = 0 and solve for x.

Awards

visitors of the zone

Unless quoted or noted all entries are fictional. No harm or disrespect is meant just good old fashion fun! Enjoy!

cool stuff!

cool stuff!
Stare at the dot in the center of the circle and then move your head closer to it.