join us

Michael Phelps – You are a Brain Twinkey



Today the Michael Phelps interview with Matt Lauer was played on the popular television news show, the Today Show. Throughout the entire interview it was easy to decipher what was the truth and what was cream filled fluff pouring out of his mouth.
The following are actual quotes from the interview followed by his true, inner, Brain Twinkey thoughts:


Phelps: I know if I start training again... I know I can't do anything wrong once I'm in the pool.

BRAIN TWINKEY PHELPS: When I kick my dope habit I’ll try and swim again…when I swim I can’t do anything wrong because I’m swimming. It’s hard to smoke pot or drive drunk while doing that!

--------------------------
MATT LAUER: I have to ask you, were you smoking pot?
MICHAEL PHELPS: It was a bad mistake. I mean, we all know what, you know, what you and I are talking about. It's a stupid mistake. You know, bad judgment. And it's something that, you know, I have to, and I want to teach other people not to make that mistake
BRAIN TWINKEY PHELPS – No Matt – I like to place my mouth on all cylinder objects with dirty, smelly water. Then I like to watch other people put their mouth on it too. It’s cool.
---------------------------
MATT LAUER: We're living in a world right now, Michael, where people have a cell phone and it was a camera. Were you aware that anyone had taken a photo that night? That anyone was taking pictures? Is that, maybe, a lesson to be learned here? That not everybody's your friend?
MICHAEL PHELPS: Yeah. You know, people think, you know, it's funny at times. Take a picture with a cell phone... I'll say that there are a lot of people out there who want to take advantage of any situation they have.... I trusted my friends who were there about who they were. And clearly they weren't trusted people... Sometimes you learn the hard way.
BRAIN TWINKEY PHELPS: The asshole with the camera better not walk down any dark ally’s. The money he made from selling that picture will barley cover his hospital bill.
------------------------------
MATT LAUER:But when you first saw the picture, when you first laid eyes on it and realized what it was a picture of, did you calculate at that point the fallout? Did you start to think how damaging this could be to you personally and your career?
MICHAEL PHELPS:It's not about money to me. So, you know, the-- the contract side of things, yeah, I was disappointed. But, you know, I think the biggest thing is-- is who I hurt the most. Like, if I lost money, okay. It's not an issue with me.
BRAIN TWINKEY PHELPS: I thought the picture was cool. I printed it out and put it on my fridge. Then I sent the link to a bunch of my buds! I don’t do math so I wouldn’t know how to calculate much.



4 comments:

on the edge said...

He is just a kid , doing what kids do . Making mistakes. Cut him some slack folks !

Darth Rob said...

Just cuz ya win some Olympic gold, doesn't mean you are suddenly thrust into being a role model.
He's a real person who makes mistakes and likes to get high, nothing wrong with that. Hero worship at your own risk. Nice to see you posting again Twinkey.
How's the family?

The Brain Twinkey said...

Rob - as usual we agree.

All is well with the family. Very busy this time of year so posts have been down. Thanks for asking. Hope all is well in your part of the world.

The Brain Twinkey said...

on the edge - you are correct! This shouldn't be a big deal. It's the media...as usual overkilling a story and making it an issue.


video of the week

Letterman Works at McD's

what is a brain twinkey?

what is a brain twinkey?
1. Brain Twinkey (noun) (Brein-Twink-ee) 1. One with a cream-filled cranium 2. To live life in a land of Golden Sponge Cake 3. To be good at making shit up.

internet treasure chest

internet treasure chest
The one and only "Crazy Harry"
MIT Signs Challenge Students

The MIT campus has all new signs that challenge the students math skills in a variety of ways using math equations and problems. Although its amusing to students the community has protested as many have been receiving speeding tickets. Many claim that although that they live near MIT that doesn't mean they are good at math. Local police officers disagree and claim the public should just x*x + 2x - 35 = 0 and solve for x.

Awards

visitors of the zone

Unless quoted or noted all entries are fictional. No harm or disrespect is meant just good old fashion fun! Enjoy!

cool stuff!

cool stuff!
Stare at the dot in the center of the circle and then move your head closer to it.